What is good oral hygiene?
At Lifetime Smiles, we believe a healthy smile begins at home. While we provide all the treatments you need at our dental office, we also work hard to educate our patients on good oral hygiene habits. As part of this commitment, we provide instructions, recommendations for the most effective products, and a friendly atmosphere to ask any questions you may have. Here are just a few of the suggestions we will make to you about how to practice good oral hygiene in Escondido, California:
- Brush at least twice a day and floss daily. Proper brushing and flossing techniques are very important.
- Use fluoride enriched products, such as toothpaste, mouth washes, and dental floss.
- Also brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Clean your tooth brush regularly, and store it away properly.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugary snacking.
- Visit our dentists, Dr. McDonald & Dr. Mallakis, at least twice a year.
We love taking care of your smile and we hope we help you love your smile as much as we do. If you have questions about how to get started on practicing good oral hygiene, please call our dental office today.