What is a dental cleaning and dental exam?
When you first visit our dental office, and during subsequent visits, we will perform a routine dental cleaning and dental exam. Dental cleanings and dental exams are the first step we take at Lifetime Smiles to understand your smile and to begin forming your personalized treatment plan. Performed by one of our dental hygienists under the direction of Dr. McDonald & Dr. Mallakis, our caring dentists, a dental cleaning and dental exam will generally follow these measures:
- Plaque and tartar cause decay! We will gently remove all built-up plaque and tartar to prevent damage to your smile.
- Each tooth will be cleaned, dried, and polished for a beautiful shine.
- We will check existing dental restorations to make sure they are in good order and do not need any repair or maintenance.
- To ensure we provide a quick diagnosis and effective early treatment, we check for periodontal disease and perform an oral cancer screening.
- During your first visit, we will take a series of x-rays. If necessary, we will take more during later appointments.
Dr. McDonald & Dr. Mallakis promise to treat you like family, and wants you to feel comfortable each time you visit Lifetime Smiles. Your dental cleaning and exam in Escondido, California is the perfect opportunity to voice your concerns and ask any questions you have about dentistry or your smile. Our entire dental team is ready and willing to help. If you are due for a visit to the dentist, we encourage you to call 760-747-1811 and schedule an appointment with us today.
View this informative video on the Progression of Decay –
View this informative video on Recurrent Decay (Around a Restoration) –
View this informative video on Gingival Probing and Pocket Depth –
View this informative video on Debridement –
View this informative video on Scaling and Root Planing –