Same day teeth, also known as All-on-4 are exactly what they imply to be. We are able to take a set of teeth that are not restorable and replace them with implant supported teeth in the same day on as little as 4 implants per jaw. I know that sounds too good to be true but dentistry has advanced to milestones beyond imagination. Modern technology and progression allows us to restore your teeth to a beautiful and healthy smile to give you the confidence, function and healthy chewing ability that you deserve. Generally, single implants need to integrate with the jaw bone for a couple of months prior to being able to be restored by a crown. However, in the case of same day teeth, because we are using multiple implants which are placed strategically and at different angles, we are able to load the prosthesis immediately giving you your dream smile the same day.
What are the steps for Same Day Teeth?
- The first step is a comprehensive exam by your general dentist. If your teeth are determined to be non-salvageable, we start with a set of impressions called study models. We then create a jaw relation record to determine your bite. You are then referred to our group of skilled oral surgeons where they will do a 3-D cat scan to determine where the best bone is. Implants are planned in strategic positions to give you optimal results. Then your general dentist determines your bite, and with your input select a set of teeth to mimic your dream smile and color.
- On your surgery date, the offending teeth are removed all under sedation to keep you comfortable. Our oral surgeons have the most up to date facility and accredited surgical center, have their own sedation and anesthesia licenses and have medical as well as dental degrees. (Please be cautious in regards to who places your implants. I would personally want an oral surgeon that has 6 additional years of training to do my surgery). Your implants are placed and I, a general restorative dentist, along with our on site talented lab technician will fabricate your new prosthesis to fit over the implants. Your new teeth are secured onto the implants with screws and you wake up to a beautiful smile. It’s like magic! These teeth are considered your temporaries till all healing takes place.
- After 6 months, we remove the temporary prosthesis and make final impressions to fabricate a titanium bar that will be used to reinforce your new teeth. You will never be without teeth since during the final phase of treatment we put your temporary teeth back on. These teeth are not removable by you and only your dentist can remove them.
What are the advantages of Same Day Teeth?
- The most obvious is of course that you never go without teeth. You will have your prosthesis secured into the implants all in the same day.
- You are able to function and chew immediately with confidence.
- You will have your dream smile and beautiful esthetics the same day as you get your teeth removed.
- You can eat with confidence knowing that your teeth won’t pop out!
- The prosthesis is not bulky like traditional dentures since we are not relying on your gums to hold them in place.
- You can taste food better .
- You will not have sore spots as with traditional dentures since Same Day Teeth don’t rub your gums.
- Traditional dentures give you about 10-30% of your chewing ability. With 1 day teeth, you can have 70-90% of your chewing ability back.
- There is no need for messy adhesives to hold them in place.
- Implants will help preserve your jaw bone. When our jaw bone doesn’t have a purpose, it will shrink over time. That’s why people often notice that their dentures seem to move around more and more as the years go by. Having implants in the jaw bone gives the bone a purpose, preventing it from shrinking. This aids in keeping a younger looking face, since there is no collapse of your face.
- It is cost effective since we are placing all of your teeth on only 4-5 implants per jaw.
- The recovery from surgery is surprisingly easy.
The best part is that unlike corporate offices that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on advertising, we get our referrals only by word of mouth so we are able to pass these savings onto you. Call us today at 760-747-1811 to find out more about this innovative treatment. Also see our new patient promotions! Happy Smiles, Dr. Rabee McDonald